Friday, September 10, 2010

House Africa documentary review

When I found out that we had to create our own documentaries I was extremely excited, but it seemed to look impossible and I didn't think I would be capable of doing such. When i found out which group I was going to be in I got a bit upset because I'm not a fan of house music, and non of my close friends were in the group, but non the less I remained exited and wanted to make this a true learning experience.

I found it very hard working with other people, but i used this experience to try better my communication skill with other people . I decided to interview a friend of mine first who is a huge fan of house music, we did the interview here at school, i asked him questions which i felt were suitable and that had to be answered in depth, he did very well, because he didn't just tell me something from the top of his head, he thought about what i was asking him and gave me a fulfilling answer that provided an understanding for people who didn't know much about the genre. Our main argument and question was to find out weather or not house music can transcend through races and nations and i wanted to sway more on the side of it not being able to transcend through it.
I found that there are many different sub cultures of house music and different types and styles that are meant to target a specific type of person or race and not house music lovers in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment